Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stroked 305
Thread: Stroked 305
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 09:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Camaro heads

I don't mean to be difficult, but if you would have either a casting number or year to look for that would really help. The 305 that is in the car right now is a 1978 sbc 305 block with numbers matching heads. Are these the same heads you are referring too?

I figured it would be expensive, but I only found two pistons made for a 305 that is .060 over. Summit Racing sells the Sterling pistons I was referring to in my original post for 14.69 per piece. Any idea on the quality of these? Then again, I would probably have to buy rings wrist pins, etc., which would add to the cost. I know JE pistons makes a piston for a 305, but I don't think it is a stroker piston. It is a +.060 piston to be used with a 3.48 stroke and a 5.7 rod. I know that JE Pistons are expensive, but if I could use them with the factory crank and rods, it might offset the cost, maybe not. They have a compression height of 1.560 and yield a comp. ratio of 10.1:1 with a 58cc head. If i use the 55cc head, the comp would be a little higher, and I could save some money through the use of the stock crank and rods.

Last edited by BlownBirdy; 12-12-2003 at 09:09 PM.