Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stroked 305
Thread: Stroked 305
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 11:55 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Bore Size

I get what you are guys are saying, and I know that there is a lot more power available in other motors. I am not really building this for an all out race engine though, and I figured that by building a stroked 305 I would get a decent amount of power without running over 6k in traffic. Cops can hear an 6000 RPM engine well enough....I have been told so many a time. I think that by building a 10.1 or 11.1 334, it might work out ok. As for the 383 idea, I have a block sitting in my garage as we speak. It is taking some time to build because I am making sure I do it right. It is an early 70's 350 block I got from a guy who used to done some work for the race engines used by John Force. He gave me the rusty 350 core for free! Score! My plan is to do it .060 over, so it would probably be like a 388 when I am done. I am using a Scat forged crank, H-beam rods, and JE inverted pistons. To top it off, I am adding a Weiand 6-71 blower and two HOlley 4150 HP 600cfm carbs. The only problem is the expense of it. This is why for right now I want to do the 334. Thanks for the advice.

P.S. THe stock bore of the 305 is 3.736, you were right Tom. Punching it 60 over will result in a 3.796 bore. As you said, not a lot, but slightly more effective than stock.