Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Engine (
-   -   Stroked 400 (

bjam2 05-22-2002 03:08 PM

Stroked 400
I have a 350 right now but what about...

400 block
427 crank
5.4 rods
= stroked to 421
Air Gap Manifold
Holley 650 Double Pumper
292, 244 @ .50, 501 lift comp cam

I figure I could do this for under $1500 (reusing heads and i already have carb, headers, manifold)

What kind of horses would this make?

Someone I know says they have about the same set up and it makes 600 ?!?!?

Would it be better to just rebuild the 350 (383 maybe) and get new heads and a cam?

Tom 05-22-2002 04:44 PM

if you are talking about a bigblock crank it wont fit. try this 400 block 350 crank 6inch rods, if more cubes is what you want there are aftermarket cranks at 4in, with a 030 bore job you will get 434 cu in, but use longer rods than 5.4 those rods are shorter than stock 400 rods which are too short to begin with and don't bore the 400 block any more than 030 and fill it with hardblock(partial fill for street)

bjam2 05-24-2002 01:42 PM

The 400 with a 350 crank would be destroked to 377 right.

I read that it was a dart m block or whatever for the 434. But I don't know why a 400 wouldn't work.

400 .30 over
4 in. crank
Then what rods 5.7 or 6

deuce_454 05-25-2002 01:55 AM

the bigest stroke you can fit in a gm 400 block is 3.875 inches, you can then run custom pistons and 5,7 inch rods giveing you 420 cubes, contact speed'o'motive or PAW for details

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.