Hot Rod Forum banner

Is it a stroker?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BuzzLOL 
#1 ·
Hello. Well I pulled my only pan on my sbc and I can see how the skirt of the piston stick out of the cylinders

What should I look for to confirm if it's a stoker or not.
Supposedly 355 bored 30 with kiethblack flattop pistons

See less See more
#3 ·
What is the casting # on the crankshaft??

Kind of hard to tell from just a picture, but the crank looks like a stock cast 350 crank.

Looking at piston skirt stick-out below the cylinder case doesn't tell you much, as different manufacturers use different lengths and designs, some have really short skirts and some have longer skirts.

You could also just measure skirt position at bottom dead center and then at top dead center to find out the crank stroke.

#4 ·
A 355 is not a stroker.It is a 350 that has been bored .030" making it 355 cu in.Boring does add displacement from a larger bore.A stroker motor will the stroke of the crank lengthened,such,in a 350 engine which has 3.48" stroke,having a 3.75" stroke crank installed.With a .030 over bore,this will make the 350 a 383.The only accurate way to see what you have would be to measure the bore,or,look at the top of the piston for a stamp indicating an overbore.(.030/.040,etc)

#6 ·
Makes it 357 cubic inch if it has the stock 3.48" stroke crank. If using a 3.75" stroker crank then is makes 385 cubic inch.

Quick formula for cubic inches of a 8 cylinder engines is: Bore diameter x Bore diameter x crankshaft stroke x 6.2832(2 x PI)= cubic inches.

So, for a .040" overbored 350 it is : 4.040" x 4.040" x 3.48" x 6.2832 = 356.88", rounded off to 357".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.