Stuck in neutral?? T-350 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Stuck in neutral?? T-350

Ok so i let a buddy of mine barrow my truck for a but.. well i get a call from him saying that he thinks that the 5 month trans went out... so standing there biting my knuckle in anger because i have never had a problem with it (and after how he told me how he blew the trans in his 2006 trailblazer a few months before) i went over to his work to check it out.. so i get there and start it up put it in drive and nothing i even went through all the gears and nothing does not even try to move checked the fluid still nice and red so sign of metal no burnt smell no leaks TC spins olny thing i have not checked was the modulator seeing how there was no fluid burning through the carb. could it still be bad? or is the trans shot? could not drop the pan because its sitting in the lot at his job

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM

Rule #1--always check the easy stuff first-wich You did checking to see if the converter bolts had not broken or fell out,plus the fluid level,,now check to see if the linkage is ok and shifting properly, Does it roll when out of park?
Another thought-is the drive shaft ok? Is Your bud being honest with You, Possibly he busted it then pushed it there(could happen)or it could have just been coincidental that it let go as he was parking it(hmm),You kinda need that info,,Anyhow if it is nothing exterior to the trans and all pressure is lost I would suspect the convertor then the pump(pressure relief possibly), Better get Your local hook to bring it home.

Jim
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM

Last photo:

It dose not move in park and the converter and flywheel are spinning when the engine is tuning and the shiftter is working it clicks when shifting through the gears fluid looks ok its not at the full line but that should not cause it to not wanna go into any gear this is the first trans I have had do this the last 2 trans that was in it moved when they went out funny thing is that the last 2 went out when I let him barrow it now 3 times?..... and he's going to pay to have it towed home
Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Gotta love a turbo!

Last journal entry: Body on Frame today.
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0386
It dose not move in park and the converter and flywheel are spinning when the engine is tuning and the shiftter is working it clicks when shifting through the gears fluid looks ok its not at the full line but that should not cause it to not wanna go into any gear this is the first trans I have had do this the last 2 trans that was in it moved when they went out funny thing is that the last 2 went out when I let him barrow it now 3 times?..... and he's going to pay to have it towed home
Not a valid test... You need to verify the arm on the side of the trans is actually moving. The link (sometimes a rod, sometimes a cable) between the shifter and the manual shift arm may be broken.

Russ
Old 04-20-2012, 12:26 PM
boatbob2

Bad Trans?? or Bad Friend????????????

If im reading this right,your buddy blew his trans up,and you let him borrow your truck?? WHY,if you didnt loan it,you couldnt blame him,stop loaning it ..or GET A NEW FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Last photo:

I checked the shift cable its fine and moves with the shifter even checked the rod that its connected to and it moves, lucky for me he decided to buy the truck from me and have the trans rebuilt witch is good seeing how I just bought a new car and how im tired of dealing with it... now I have a garage full of sbc parts to get rid of anyways thanks for all the replys and help
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

it's been a while

Mabe some one who is a trans expert can help but IF I remember right my son had a problem once and we pulled the pan and it was something simple, the linkage from the outside shift arm to the inside actuator.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.