Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stuck Proportioning Valve
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrb36usa View Post
That solution solved the sticking problem. Many Thanks.
Maybe you can help with a new brake problem. I now have a good pedal but stopping the car is very difficult. It is acting like there is no power brake since I changed from an 11 inch booster and 1 1/16 bore master cylinder to a 7 inch booster and a corvette style master cylinder. I really seem to just have manual brakes with very little stopping power.
In my opinion, a 7" booster is just barely better than nothing. A 7" booster will produce less than half the boost than a 11" booster. And if you have a bit of cam, with low vacuum, it just makes it worse. The 1 1/16" bore master doesn't help either with a small booster. I have had some success switching to a 7" dual diaphream master cylinder in a case like yours, it still will not put out as much boost as a 11" booster, but it's much better than a single diaphream 7" booster. If that is not enough, you can change to a 1" Corvette style master cylinder, it bolts right in, and improves the mechanical advantage, at the cost of slightly more pedal travel.
The Following User Says Thank You to enjenjo For This Useful Post:
wrb36usa (10-29-2012)