Hot Rod Forum banner

Studebaker SUV?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Gene Neal 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Gr8 '48 bow tie said:
I once owned a 1953 Studbaker, loved it. I hope the Studebaker company will incarnate and build some retro's with up to date equipment. THAT WOULD BE COOL, sorry bout th noise but I just got excited.

Al :D :thumbup:
A Golden Hawk with Mustang GT components would be awesome. That's about how far ahead of the times Stude was in the designs though...

#8 ·
That SUV looks like a cross between an H2 and an Excursion or Suburban complete with futuristic body armor or something. Blegh...You know, after that bad taste you get in your mouth. (I think thats how it would be spelled)

As a side note, I thought I'd share with you that I am a distant relative of the original Studebakers back when they started making horse drawn covered wagons and carriages in the 1850s...

#9 · (Edited)
Up Date the Studebaker

Well, First let me Say : hello to every one! I have been in and out of the US a few time sense the last time I posted. How ever I have been able to keep up or read some of the post while I've been gone.
Any way I came across the post written by Jon, regarding the Studebaker SUV. And then I saw the Yellow Studebaker Av-anti Convertible. I was wondering if it might look a bet more up to date if: (1) You were to install a Triangle shaped head light in the front finders, but still holding the original contour and shape of the finders. (2)Then may be, using the old head light but make them move with the steering wheel as you drive. (3)inserting a grill that is a shape of again a triangle., starting at the top of the front bull nose Hood. And slanting outboard and down to just about the Av-anti sign,and back to the center, on both sides of the Hood. This I thank would be right in stile with today's new car's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------Gene Neal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.