Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stuffing BBC into a little S10
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by S10 Racer
I have an "89" S10 that had a SBC 350 in it when I got it. I am thinking about stuffing a BBC in it because it is strictly a drag truck, no street use. The only problem I can see is maybe the steering box. Has anyone done this swap before and is the steering box an issue? Anything else you know that I am not seeing? Here is what I have done to the truck already.

Narrowed 9" Ford - 31 spline
Tubbed with 33x16.5x15 Hoosier Slicks

I scrapped the factory radiator support and fabricated one using 1x2 rectangular tubing. The inner fenders were removed for space and I have changed it from power brakes to manual to eliminate the brake booster. Thank you all for all the info and help you have given me in this build. I can't wait to get it done.

I tried to insert a picture but can't get it to work.
VA4CQD (sounds like an amature radio call sign) has it nailed. Lot better info that Hot Rod offered a guy about 40 years ago who wanted to put an FE 390 into a Ford Falcon. They suggested he remove the hood and existing engine. Then raise the 390 about 10 feet over the engine compartment, then drop it!

I'm sure that would of provided a custom fit of sorts.

Bogie