stupid #@$# drunk drivers! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004, 03:22 AM
waynenewtoneVil

Last journal entry: plans
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

stupid #@$# drunk drivers!

So yesterday, I got off work early, about 2 AM or so. I'm working mids right now, so it was pretty early for me. Anyhow, I'm following this ******* in an Isuzu Rodeo around a large sweeping right curve that leads up to an overpass. All of a sudden, he swerves left, then right, over corrects, goes off the road the road and rolls twice down the embankment.(about 40-50ft or so) So I pulled over and dialed 911. We, myself and another guy who stopped, went down to see if the driver was OK. The driver was crawling out the window when we got down to him. The guy didn't have a scratch on him, but was so drunk he could barely stand up. He was pretty hostile when he found out I called the cops too. I figured he was too plastered to do to much harm, and wasn't hurt, so I went back up to my car and hang out until the cops showed. Not to be all preachy, but why in the hell was this guy on the road? Someone should have swiped his keys or something. Oh well, at least he wound up in a field and not into the frontend of another car. It's gotta really suck to wake up in a jailcell with a totaled car.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Let the wheels of life roll on

Last journal entry: donor truck for hot rod hellion
Last photo:

sheesh. that coulda been a hell-uv-a lot worse.

nice of you to stop. i hate them jerks that watch it, then just drive by. when me and my dad hit a deer, about 3 cars behind us just past, only the 4th stopped
Old 12-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Too many hobbies!

Last photo:

Re: stupid #@$# drunk drivers!

Quote:
Originally posted by frankenstang57
It's gotta really suck to wake up in a jailcell with a totaled car.
If you think that sucks, imagine waking up in a jail cell, and finding out you totaled your car, killed someone's kid, and made a wife a widow.

You just went from being the life of a party, to being a murderer.

Oh, the fun of being a small town cop. When your neighbors hate you, because you try to do whats right. Thank God I don't do that anymore.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:52 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

I personally believe that someone that drives drunk should spend some serious time in jail. That is if they are lucky enough to not have hurt or killed anyone. That belief comes easy when you have lost several friends to drunk drivers. I have also been involved in accidents 2 times with drunk drivers, and spent 10 years as a police oficer enforcing those laws. I have seen way too many people injured or killed by them.

If you do happen to see an accident involving someone that is drunk, and call the police, there is something else that is good to do. Keep an eye on the drunk driver until the police arrive. Do not let them drink ANYTHING. Many of them will claim that they were not drunk when the accident happened, they drank afterwards to calm their nerves. In VA, the law says that it has to be proven that the driver had nothing to drink after the accident, for a "drunk driving" conviction.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:34 PM
il enforcer

If I was in charge a 1st offence would be a perminently gone drivers license. The second would be 10 years in jail.

If you don't care about the people that you could hurt or kill you might as well be in jail.

I have a large pipe in the back of my vehicles. Anyone that hits me while impaired had better pray the cops get there before I get out of my vehicle. I have lost too many friends from people driving drunk. I no longer have any sympathy for the drunk drivers.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:45 AM

Last journal entry: Blasting Cabinet
Last photo:

I've been with the State Patrol here in Wisconsin for just short of 27 years so you can imagine the horrific crashes I've seen involving the drunk driver.

I always found it ironic that I saw very few drunks on New Years Eve out on the interstate...not like other weekends. Last weekend in our county we had 3 fatalities in one night involving drunks. The weirdest one was the pedestrian walking on the Interstate that got hit by a semi...he was walking home from the bar...in the fog....on I-90.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:09 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

As a local police officer, I once arrested a drunk driver that I will never forget. I saw a cab driving irratic, so I stopped it. The driver was plastered, and almost fell over when he got out of the cab. He was arrested and put in the back of the squad car. I then went and woke up the passenger in the cab. He had called the cab from a bar, because he was too drunk to drive, and wanted to get home without having to call his wife and make her mad. He could not believe that the cab driver was drunk too. He ask me to have his wife called to pick him up. He sad that it was obviously a sign that he should quit drinking.

It was really ironic that the cab driver was driving the cab drunk. He had lost his regular license for drunk driving, and only had what was then a "chauffers license", to drive for work only.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:06 PM
Beats pickin' cotton

Last photo:

I've got a great email about a drunk driver that I would like to post if somebody knows how I can post it. It has photos' with it that really makes you think twice about drinking and driving.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.