Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Stupid question of the day, DA glue?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Are you sure that 3M doesn't make it anymore? I'm pretty sure they do. I do a have story...I know...not again...but anyway. Years ago i had an 8 inch sanding pad and not unlike the paper that you have, the paper that I had needed that glue...I was out and had to get the job done...Now, it's middle of summer in Canada and the bugs where horrid, I had a box of those fly strips in the shop so that I could control the insect problem to some degree...well, I took one of those fly strips, they are sticky on both sides, cut it up and stuck it to my sanding pad and the paper hung on as good as if I had glue and one application lasted for about 6 sheets of paper...the cool thing was that it was easier to clean than the glue, just peel the fly strip off and put on a new one.

Proof that necessity is the mother of invention...or in this case the distant uncle of improvisation.

Don't know if this helps you Brian, don't know if you can buy those fly strips anymore either.

Ray