Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Sub Frame swap in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2002, 05:40 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hello,

Seems like You are one of hundreds asking this question now days! For me, I have given this a lot of thought. As a matter of fact, 20 years worth!

I have just now gotten to a point in life that I can start working on my '57 Chevy pickup after nearly 20 years of moving around from state to state, and place to place. Of course a divorce didn't help either!

Anyway, I once was sold on doing an IFS using a Volarie/Aspen/Diplomat torsion bar clip. Even moved that heavy sucker half way around Michigan.

After seeing all the Novas and Aspens that cut your truck in half, I have decided a Mustang II (clone)crossmember or full hub-to-hub front suspension is the "ideal" set-up. I am looking at Progressive Auto's Corvette IFS's.

They even offer 12-3/4" rotors for all the stopping power you will ever need. Whoever I go with, I will be selecting Chevy rotors and calipers, as most IFS sellers give you the choice and the set-up is so neat and clean, that after 20 years, I know which way I am going to go.

These M-II clones also save you from having to fabricate a raditor mount, front bumper mounts, fender mounts, in some cases - motor mounts, and it keeps you from taking big ugly chunks of steel out of your inner fenders!

Read, study and think first! You shouldn't rush into this ... But then don't wait as long as I did !! Ha! Ha!

In case you are curious, here is the site for Progressive Automotive: <a href="http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/" target="_blank">www.progressiveautomotive.com/</a>

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: rico_bob ]</p>