Hot Rod Forum banner

Subaru turbo on a Chevy 4cyl ?

980 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChevelleSS_LS6 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum and hopeful to recieve some advice. I have been known to be a cobble king, but bear with me. I've got a 91 S10 as a secondary vehicle. It's got the 2.5 liter 4 banger. I recently procured a turbocharger from an early 90's Subaru. It appears to be in good condition. I have absolutely no idea whether this would even be worth doing but I'm wanting to keep my 30mpg but have some fun wrenching on this thing.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
:)

as a Moderator here, I would like to WELCOME YOU HERE ... :welcome: :welcome:

As this is a engine question ... I will move this to the engine forum area ... where it should be more noticed and hopefully answered ..

Again ... WELCOME

Deuce ...

#3 ·
I think you'll need to make either a flange-adapter (s10 flange to turbo flange), modify the exhaust manifold (I question the intelligence in doing this, I dunno if it's been done to much success), or fab your own exhaust manifold.

I see that and fuel supply your biggest problems. Don't run it over 6.5 psi without an intercooler though. That's a general rule for mild turbo applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.