Suicide Door Hinges - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 10:00 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46FORDPU
I have been thinking when the time comes putting the doors back on the 46 pick up that I might put suicide hinges, I'm sure some of you have done or might have seen it done.
I'm looking for any and all feed back on them good or bad and do you have to buy suicide door hinges or is there a way to do it without spending the money for custom hinges?

just where is he getting beat up ?
god forbid anyone who does this for a living should post an opinion. especially when we've only done it any number of times . when a question is asked like this i do and will give my opinion based on experience . and i really don't care who likes it or not . many good builders have left this site because of this same chicken crap being thrown at them.

or is this a google expert only site now ?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
just where is he getting beat up ?
god forbid anyone who does this for a living should post an opinion. especially when we've only done it any number of times . when a question is asked like this i do and will give my opinion based on experience . and i really don't care who likes it or not . many good builders have left this site because of this same chicken crap being thrown at them.

or is this a google expert only site now ?
Shine, agree with you on this subject but you throw out that "many good builders have left this site" over and over. I can go to just about any site I ever regularly visited over the years and different people are there, sites evolve and for anyone who makes a big deal out of Hotrodders and left because they didn't feel their valuable information was wanted here I feel sorry for THEM as much as our loss. If all these brilliant builders left Hotrodders THEY are the ones guilty if Hotrodders isn't as good as it once was, which I still believe it's the best hotrod site on the net.

Don't blame someone who is HERE if you think Hotrodders isn't good anymore, the people who left are the ones to blame.

Brian
Old 11-24-2011, 10:16 AM
SPI Thug

Last photo:

this guy in no way got beat up . he asked for opinions. i gave mine.
the rest is pure bs to just start a pissing match .
Old 11-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Last photo:

Doors

I knew this would happen when I posted my response. It's just that some people are so over the top about, "this way is the only way, screw you if you don't like it". I said what I said because with people like that a lot of guys wont post or ask for help. On another site I would get emails from people that knew if they posted they would get beat up, just like I am now. You can give your opion once and then offer help if they want it. And by the way, I did say as long as it was not unsafe. Shine, I'm not going to argrue with you because I know how you are. You have complained about anyone who disagrees with you. And buy the way' I'm going anywhere. This is my favorate site despite what is said
Old 11-24-2011, 11:14 AM
SPI Thug

Last photo:

ok just where is he being beat up ? your post served no purpose but to stir up crap.
since i've done many sets of them for customers i gave him their thoughts after they were done. most were not as happy as they thought they would be. i think they suck because i'm 6'6 250 and falling back into a low car is just a pia. that is my opinion of them nothing more. no where did i tell him what to do. i did tell him to try some before committing to them. i also told him the problem with reversing doors and the need to brace them well. just what tech help did you offer ? other than your " some people crack " . you posted absolutely nothing about suicide doors nor any advice of any use .
Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 kustom
I knew this would happen when I posted my response. It's just that some people are so over the top about, "this way is the only way, screw you if you don't like it". I said what I said because with people like that a lot of guys wont post or ask for help. On another site I would get emails from people that knew if they posted they would get beat up, just like I am now. You can give your opion once and then offer help if they want it. And by the way, I did say as long as it was not unsafe. Shine, I'm not going to argrue with you because I know how you are. You have complained about anyone who disagrees with you. And buy the way' I'm going anywhere. This is my favorate site despite what is said

See the attached
See below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	*******.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	60121  
Old 11-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Last photo:

doors

I am sorry I left something out. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. Just fact we have this site we should be thankfull. We owe that to our warriors today.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,152 Posts
I hear you! And this is going to be a good one for me with my first little grandbaby and my daughter who has been out of the area for years, I am going to be doing a lot of hugging today!

Brian
Old 11-24-2011, 08:46 PM

Last photo:

How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.