Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - suicide front end on 55 chevy gasser????
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

howdy there, well we have a '57 chevy bel air gasser with vintage solid front axle done in the '70s or earlier.
i could look under it and try to maybe get a couple pics so you can see the steering and axle etc? im not sure what steering box it has or what the axle under it is from,

its currently stored away and packed between other vehicles over at the shop so i dont know how easy it may be,

we also have a stock untouched '57 210 so we can swap out entire rolling chassis for the bel air.

it seems to have been a really common thing done to these cars, i have seen many online as well. its hard to say how many of these cars were ruined to do this.

not sure why anyone would want to convert to a gasser and ruin a perfectly good stock chassis and the driveability of the car as well,. hmm..
they even cut the firewall and dash and moved the engine back and converted the nose to a tilt style and everything.

its crazy,.,

we hope to convert it all back to stock again by using up most of the 210 so it can be actually driveable and not a hacked/ruined tri five classic.

Last edited by fast68; 05-06-2009 at 11:23 PM.