Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit 600cfm 4v
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

summt 4v

From what i can learn the summit 4v is based on the holley 4010..why Holley abandoned it,i dont know except the people who bought it,Sais those 4010's sucked.I took apart my summit when i got it,And i also borrowed a friends 4010.they appear similar,However i also took apart one of my autolite 4100's.And the summit is alot closer to a 4100 than the holley is.Like you i can only wish that somebody would reproduce the Autolite 4100..Pony carbs has remanufactured 4100's at near $500!! sorry but i wont EVER pay that for an autolite.In my opinion,the summit is about as close as any of us Ford guys will get to a 'new' autolite.The summit does use holley parts,One thing that will NEVER happen and that pissed me off royally was if i was running a holley..if the engine so much as coughed or sputtred it would blow a power valve and dumped raw fuel into the engine.I think i made a good choice..i didnt like the idea of an Edelbrock,another holley,Demon etc..they all have too many moving parts in my opinion.The autolite was reliable because it was simple..and the summit is also simple