Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit 600cfm 4v
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

DONE! i didnt have a bad power valve (but i put a holley 65 in it anyways) and i didnt have a bad accelerator pump (my 2nd guess) i took the carb apart today cleaned it with carb/choke cleaner and you were right,The check ball had some crud around it,And i found some filings in both bowls.Im guessing its from when the carb was assembled at the factory (yes,i know i should have checked before i installed it) I also found a vacumn leak on one the rubber caps i used on the intake.I put it all back together with a new fuel filter.warmed the truck up then began tuning it.The nostril stinging smell of raw fuel is gone,the sputter from a vacumn leak is gone.the electric choke works yeah thats a '1st' for me,if i ever had a carb with an electric choke i usually broke it off and modify for a manual choke.Some final checks and small adjustments and then i will be done.this carb has been minimal headaches..the flooding issue was my own fault.i have been driving the truck because i needed it badly...i never wired the electric choke to run as designed i just twisted the round thingy til the carb was all the way open so it would run til i could wire it up..bad idea.but its alright now