Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit Engine stand
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 06:01 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by home brew
That is one sweet engine stand!! It would hold an elephant! Wonder what it held before or what it was used for. Your uncle was very creative.

I'm not sure what it was B4, looks kinda like it was fastened to a floor in a machine shop or factory, it has big bearings in the neck, like spindle wheel bearings. the wing nut thing tightens everything from moving. plus the lever on top sits in a grove to lock the neck from moving & you gota push it down outa the grove to turn it. it's a bit tall for me (I'm 5'11) he was 6' 4" tall. I know it's had SBCs BBCs BBFs & 455 Buicks and Pontiacs 389 400 & 455. he was a true ole school hot rodder ! I grew up living next to him with a small salvage yard on his 4 acres. he built me Pontiac and BBF motors, and built me 12 bolt & 9" rearends. He built a bad ***** 51 chevy 2dr fastback car with a strong performance straight 6 cylinder with 3 2barrle carbs and headers and a m22 4 speed & a narrower 31 spline ford 9" and home made ladder bar suspension. it was body style of pic I attached, but it was flat black with ansen alum slots. he had the 51 and a 64 chevy impala 2dr with a 402 BBC & a 400th. that he raced both of.

Mustangsaly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	15872  

Last edited by Mustangsaly; 11-01-2006 at 10:11 AM.