Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit Engine stand
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 05:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangsaly
I'm not sure what it was B4, looks kinda like it was fastened to a floor in a machine shop or factory, it has big bearings in the neck, like spindle wheel bearings. the wing nut thing tightens everything from moving. plus the lever on top sits in a grove to lock the neck from moving & you gota push it down outa the grove to turn it. it's a bit tall for me (I'm 5'11) he was 6' 4" tall. I know it's had SBCs BBCs BBFs & 455 Buicks and Pontiacs 389 400 & 455. he was a true ole school hot rodder ! I grew up living next to him with a small salvage yard on his 4 acres. he built me Pontiac and BBF motors, and built me 12 bolt & 9" rearends. He built a bad ***** 51 chevy 2dr fastback car with a strong performance straight 6 cylinder with 3 2barrle carbs and headers and a m22 4 speed & a narrower 31 spline ford 9" and home made ladder bar suspension. it was body style of pic I attached, but it was flat black with ansen alum slots. he had the 51 and a 64 chevy impala 2dr with a 402 BBC & a 400th. that he raced both of.

Mustangsaly
the car in the pic is a '50, '51 is more tail fin like, where the lights are