Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit epoxy w/ Rustoleum reducer
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I have no idea what hydro scopic or phillic means sounds like water "hydro" and something to do with water amounts or size maybe "scopic" ? but I'm just an old body man that uses different quality materials for different quality jobs because ,not everyone wants or can afford my very best work and I cant afford to do nor want to do only one kind of job. All I know is the higher quality reducers have less water content....amoung other things...
when I wanted to use my brand of epoxy as a sealer I called the hotline and spoke to fhe man that makes it ...I explained I didnt use much sealer so I didnt want to buy a whole gallon of his reducer just to spray some sealer one time so he recomended using base maker (chroma base by Dupont)because I had it already and one of the things that made it better was it had less water content than my other reduser by Dupont ,which was a lot cheaper,Nason ...Both would work. He never used words like Hydro scopic ...but just because you use quality materials dosent mean you do or will get a quality job ,it takes lots of practice and altho us guys that make our living at restoring and repairing cars will cross mix different brands and it works fine ,sometimes it dont...so play it safe and use the componets that they recomend and follow the directions for what ever products your using.