Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - summit primers
Thread: summit primers
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I dont know about Summit but When I left the SPI epoxy in my gun I had a very hard time cleaning it ,just getting apart was a big deal...I had about 3/4" of primer in the cup and after soaking in thinner a few hrs it finally came out in one piece ,,,looked like a hocky puck. I saved it for a while to show people.
For those of us "seasond" bodymen that dont all the extra fill of a 2k ,this really is the perect primer...
SPI black epoxy primer also makes for a great Hotrod black since they started adding UV protection in it....It comes in black,white and gray...
Unfortunately for Summit and all other E primer manufacturers even if they somehow manage to make a "better"primer (highly doubtful) I'll never know,I've found MY primer and I'll stick with it till I'm gone or the company is gone...
Anyways doesnt Summit sell car parts ???? who's making this primer??? wouldnt you want to buy direct and deal with the company that actually makes the product...
I could be wrong but I dont know a single pro that uses Summit paint products ,they target DIY's on a tight budget and they're good at it....