View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
From an amateur's point of view, suggesting to use epoxy as a building primer to a novice isn't an advantage or a selling point, it's just going to cost them more money to use a lot of a product to fill and build that is more expensive than the product designed to do so (their 2k) that builds and sands a lot better. I can make my statement accurately because absolutely represent that group.
It depends what you are doing Josh. Look at my "last picture". My door had chipped paint and I needed to build and feather the corner of the cowl. I normally would have used a 2k primer there but for an area that size I just put an extra couple of coats of SPI epoxy over about an 5 hour period, gave it 4 days and blocked it out. One step and it is ready to paint. Cost is not an issue since I only used 150 ML of sprayable product. I do not think I would have done that with DPLF. For one thing, it does not have the build qualities and second it is pretty gummy to block sand until it sits a long time. JMHO

No one, me or anyone else would suggest that Epoxy primer replaces good 2k high build primer.

John L