Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit Racing LVLP paint guns?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
I haven't personally used these particular LVLP paint guns but I do get concerned when the question is asked "are they any good with a small compressor". My first question would be, how small is your compressor. The paint guns are rated at a maximum usage of 3.9 CFM. To be on the safe side, your compressor should put out an advertised 7.8 CFM. My second question, what does the manufacturer of your compressor advertise the CFM output to be. Compressor manufacturer's have been embellishing both CFM output of the compressor head and HP rating of their electric motors. My third question is, what is the HP rating of your electric motor and is it 120V or 230V, being that you mentioned that it was a small compressor I would assume that it's 120 Volt. My last question, how many gallons is your holding tank? No matter how many CFM your compressor head puts out, if you have a small holding tank the compressor will be running constantly, causing heat, creating moisture, ruining your paint work and eventually leading to the premature demise of your compressor.

I know that I've asked a lot of questions but they are all important, for the life of your compressor, your ability to paint and the quality of your paint work.

Ray
Very good point! ^^^^