Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit Racing Paint
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
'23 T-Bucket Pickup

Last wiki edit: Troubleshooting ignition Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Super Beetle
Thanks for the advice! I was actually referring to an over reduced coat of clear. I've been spraying the car with two coats single stage followed by two coats clear. I didn't get to the clear with the black parts yet cause I need to sand out a run. After the two coats of clear I'm sanding with 400 grit and was going to lay down a coat of clear that's reduced about 4:1:1. So, not very reduced.

Does this not sound like a good plan? I didn't want to cut and buff cause I would have to buy the supplies and money is tight right now, but I may just have to pony up and cut and buff to get the results I'm after doing the "flow coat" method.
I would NOT over reduce anything . The clear coat could get hazy . Just bite the bullet and get an air powered polishing kit from Harbor freight (about $30) and I got my qt. bottles of buffing and polishing compound from NAPA . Not cheap . $15 for the buffing and $23 for the polishing .