Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Summit Racing Paint
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM
VW makes it, Chevy shakes it..

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantessr
It looks GREAT in the video . We always tend to be overly critical of our own paint jobs . Take my word for it from experience that there are flaws in there that no one will ever see if you don't point them out . I could NOT see any in the video . Great job , and I like the wrist action where you try to keep the gun perpendicular to the surface at all times and I think I could hear you leave off of the trigger at the end of each pass . You must have been reading some good tech articles or been taking to an experienced painter .
Thanks. That's true. I'm sure I might have a couple hick ups in the final paint job but I wont be pointing those out. Until then, I'm going to correct as much as possible.

I've read quite a few tech articles, and books. A couple of the things I've learned is wrist technique (ie keeping the gun parallel to the surface you're spraying) and I think they call it feathering, where you release the trigger just enough so no paint is coming out at the end of your panel but you still have your air flow. I wish I was better at it, but the more I paint the more I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks again.