Hot Rod Forum banner

Sun Tach

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fury 
#1 ·
Thanks all on responding to the wiring dilema of the sun tach with msd system. CORRECTION. The sun tach has a BLACK wire coming out of it. That is it. there is no other wires that are coming out of the tach that were cut-off etc. As a reminder, I purchased the msd tach. adaptor to go "between the msd box & the tach., but the wiring diagram shows 4 wires from the tach...

#4 ·
I took the tach apart, there is only one (black) wire coming out. I did not see any tabs, button heads, etc. that would suggest any other wires that were removed. Note" There is a black wire going to the needle assembly and also a gray wire. the gray wire comes from the circuit board attached to a capacitor or something.

#6 ·
383vette said:
Thanks all on responding to the wiring dilema of the sun tach with msd system. CORRECTION. The sun tach has a BLACK wire coming out of it. That is it. there is no other wires that are coming out of the tach that were cut-off etc. As a reminder, I purchased the msd tach. adaptor to go "between the msd box & the tach., but the wiring diagram shows 4 wires from the tach...
Doc here::pimp:

And if that is your tach, here is the diagram for it...after you get the brain box...

Doc :pimp:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.