Hot Rod Forum banner

super blue grease HELP!

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  88 olds 
#1 ·
i installed a siift kit in 200 4 r .i used super blue bearing grease to hold check balls in.it shifts late and hard.it shifted fine at first.iv had it apart 3 times, its together right.does anyone think that the grease is clogging up orfices?is petrolioum jelly better?please help!

#5 · (Edited)
erratic shift

i tookk it all apart again.i found no grit in it at all.put it back together now it feels lazy.so i put a new filter in it .still the same .its getting close to getting a 400.ill have no od again.no more high ballin to florida.o ya its a gm reman.does it sound like a governer?or an accumulater?id like it to work.iv also got a 700 out of an 87 monte ss.its been beat to heck.it does work.would it be worth a shift kit.im am about to give up on the 200.i did take out the throttle valve.,and cleaned it it seems fine.it dont act like its stuck now .its different than that.also when it up shifts it wont down shift with the pedel.should i change all the gaskets again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.