Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Super T-10 bearing retainer question
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:27 PM
More machine than man

Last journal entry: bwaahhaahahaaahhaa
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGear View Post
Yes; but the reverse idlers are going to have to be removed. I would recommend pulling the mainshaft with the midplate attached and inspecting your synchros, sliders. and engagement teeth.

C&M Gearworks in Springfield Missouri can probably help you out if you need parts (417) 862-4455 ask for Chris or Dave, tell them Nate from Auto Gear sent you.

I have a vague dis-assembly description in one of our PDFs I can email you. Or, find a GM Motors Manual from the 70s. T10s from the 57-69 are a little bit different and have some quirks (especially the 1957-63) so if you have one of those, say so and we'll dig a little deeper. That should be a shielded 307 series bearing in the midplate. They're kind of expensive (usually around $50 for an SKF one) In theory you can use a regular 307 series, but warner spec'd that shield for a reason, so if you're driving it a lot, I'd put one back in. If you have trouble finding parts, I can help you
I also have the GM service bulletin from 1974 that goes through the rebuild. Little fuzzy graphics...but I fill in the rest with my imagination!