Hot Rod Forum banner

Super T-10 Transmission question

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JamesRS 
#1 ·
Okay all you transmission Guru's out there, I have a question for you. I have a friend that has a 66 Mustang 4 speed that I believe is a Super T-10, or a T-10. Since this was a Borg-Warner part, and they were used in Chevy's as well. Can this T-10 or Super T-10 be used in my Chevelle? Are the T-10's different ? If so what are the differences? ( I know I'd need a different bell housing and clutch etc.)

#2 ·
T-10 question

:spank:

This is one of those deals where it may seem to be cheap to do..after all we have a tranny..

This is quite probably a regular T-10 not the Super version..Next it is 38 years old and quite probably worn and needs to be rebuilt..Next the ford input shaft is different than the chevy..the bellhousing bolt pattern is different..tailshaft needs to be ford and adapted to the chevy driveline..What about speedo gears..not sure that is a bolt up either..

By the time you get this one installed and working quite probably you will have spent so much time and money that it would be worth it to just bite the bullet and order a Richmond Gear Super T-10 and a Lakewood Scattershield bellhousing that is intended for this car in the first place..

Sorry just my idea on this and we have several Chevelles and El Caminos in the yard..

Can be done but is it really going to be worth it..????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.