Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supercharged 351W advice requested
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Supercharged 351W advice requested

I am building a fresh engine for my 47 ford pickup, running C-6 3.73 rear gears. I currently have a bone stock 69' 351w with 60,000 miles. I pulled it from the car and installed valve guide seals and a B&M 144 supercharger (currently 6psi of boost@ approx 3000rpm). It's tired and i would like any advice on how to build this engine. I have a .030 over stock shortblock I had planned to swap the pistons out in (9.0:1, purchase a set of 185cc AFR heads with 75cc exaust ports (for the blower) and a hyd. roller cam to put me somewhere in the 500hp/500ft/lbs of torque range. This is a street rod that i would like to take to the strip and play with. Primary operating rpm idle-6000. I have considered a longer rod (300 6 cyl or after market) to get the rod ration up. what do you guys think? Is it possible on a stock bottom end? Do I need a girdle? Thanks in advance for the help. I will try to post a pic of my ride.