Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supercharged 351W advice requested
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 12:35 PM
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That sounds good to me. As for the rod ratio, from what I have heard and read it seems like it sometimes gets blown out of proportion. As far as hp goes, I dont think you will notice a whole lot of difference between rods of different lengths. The longer rod should extend the life of the motor a little bit though due to a reduction of cylinder wall loading. I would see what pistons are available off the shelf, and see what rod lengths you can use with them. If you get too long on the rod, you will have to get a custom piston made which is expensive, and I dont think worth the hassle. As for a stock bottom end, it may work, but I would not do it. For piece of mind more than anything, I would by a nice street/strip assembly, Eagle seems to make some nice ones. The AFR 185 heads are a great choice. By "girdle" I assume you mean a stud girdle. I think they are always a good idea in order to create some more stability in the valve train, but unless you are running a solid cam I dont think they are really necessary. As for the cam, it will depend a little on how high your stall speed is. These heads are really going to react well as you increase the cam size, but you dont want to go too big so that you dont have a high enough stall converter. I would probably recommend a custom grind to get a supercharger cam. I would really try to get .500+ lift to try to take advantage of the head flow assuming that would not get you into valve to piston clearance problems.

Adam