Supercharger? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2002, 01:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Smile Supercharger?

Hello Everyone
This is my first time using this page and it looks like a pretty useful site.

Well there was a question i have

I am trying to build a 350 chevy motor. Comon it is. My goal for it is to have very much horse power but still get reasonable fuel milage. What i would like to do is use holleys multipoint injector system on it. That way when i am just crusing i would get good gas milage but if i want to i could just cranck out the horse power and dump fuel into it.
Is there a super charger system that won't stick out of the hood (i am going for the stock look) but still connect up to this system and not screw up the computer?

And another question was is there a supercharger system that you can activate instead of letting it run all the time?

Thanks for your time

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2002, 06:39 PM

Last photo:

you can use an add on supercharger such as a centrifical type like the old studabakers used in the sixties one of our local G.M. dealers was promoting them on trailer tow packages on the suburbans etc the were very expensive. i checked for a customer a while back and the kit was over three grand plus install. you could also use a Latham type blower they are quiet and make good h.p. call a good speed shop and they can give prices, but they will be lots more $ than the B&M and Dyer roots type blowers, thanks
Old 07-09-2002, 08:36 PM

Why not just start with an LT-1? They're plentiful, already have injection, lots of tech help available, and a wide range of performance parts, including superchargers. Best of all they're cheap. Check around and you should you should be able to pick a used one up for a little more than you'd spend on the holley system alone. And don't worry about miles, my z28 had 50k miles on it and hauled. I drove a friend's 95 z28 that had 110K miles and there may have been a power loss, but you couldn't tell by the seat of the pants.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Ever drive a turbocharged 350 V8? Man what an experience, reasonable fuel consumption and lots of stomp when the turbo's spooled. With a blower she is turning all the time and no matter what you do the mileage will not be too great. A turbo setup is the closest to eating your cake and having it too.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

Do you know a website that has prices for turbocharging and engine or do you know how much it would be to do that?
Old 07-10-2002, 06:51 PM

Last photo:

There are different places that you could get parts. Summitt has lots of racing parts but they are kind of pricing. There is also just going to the internet site and just ordering off the net. Holley does it and so does Edelbrock.

I have never thought of a turbo charger and with a manual transmittion that shoud work out pretty good but is there one that would hook up with a Holley Commander multipoint fuel injector. I like that system set up because you can tune your engine with a lab top but you can have a different computer in your car. I like the idea of it but never accually seen one. Does anyone have any oppinions about the system and will a super or a turbo charger hook up to it?

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.