Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supercharger 6-71 vs. 8-71
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 PM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

After 22,000 miles on the street with my blown 355 I see little reason to run as much boost as you are planning. Frankly you just can't step on it long enough or hard enough to really get up a head of steam. I can exceed any speed limit in the state in 4 seconds and you can hear the motor, tires and exhaust for several blocks just stepping on it......So can LLE. You will attract them quickly ratting around doing burnouts and what not. Believe me they can appear out of nowhere. So plan on taking it easy on the street.

You are way over thinking the blower. Put a couple 750 dp, referenced carbs and underdrive the blower...either one so you get no more than 6-8 psi boost. If you can get E-85 easily fine run it. You will need a big tank.

You will need an AFR gage to get the tuning right. E-85 will read differently than gas but you will just have to compensate for that. I think you will do well to spend your time studying how the carbs work with the blower and tuning so you can drive easily and reliably in traffic. You will get some really nasty looks and Universal love salutes if you stall traffic or cause problems.