Hot Rod Forum banner

supercharger

975 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Matts99Sierra 
#1 ·
ok i have a stock 93' 302 mustang gt engine and i've been thinking about buying a supercharger what are some things i need to upgrade on my engine right now to handle the increased hp? its probably gonna be a 6psi

#3 ·
I have known a lot of guys just bolt one on and have at it, without problems, depends on what you will be doing with the car. Will it be a street driver or a track car? If you drive it on the street you should be OK with a GOOD stock lower end. 6psi is not that much boost.

Steve :welcome:

#4 ·
Ditto!
You probably in all respect have to much compression right now to even run 6lbs of boost.
Unless you get lucky and only have 9-1 comp or so.
If you only have 9-1 comp then you can run about 6lbs, but just dont overev it until you find out if your pistons are cast or forged. It will look way cool though. HG

#9 · (Edited)
yeah... if the CR is 9.0:1 or less you'll be ok without changing anything. but you will have to run 93 octane or better. because with a static CR of 9.0:1, with 6lbs. of boost added raises the effective CR to 12.7:1. which is pushing it a little because you'r not supposed to go past 12.0:1 without upgrading some parts. so you either want to drop your CR or underdrive your charger to run less than 6. if you dont you'll get detonation and litterally burn a hole through your pistons or melt your rings. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.