Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supercharger?
Thread: Supercharger?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskirk1
I've got a real mild 355 with a Weiand 142 in my s-10...Here are some old pics but you get the idea...Runs mid 12's in FULL street trim...Keep in mind that this is with factory iron heads and a very small cam...

http://groups.msn.com/GearheadsPoorb...nw?albumlist=2

Some "hidden" costs involved that not many people mention...Plan on purchasing a blower calibrated carburetor unless you are a bonafide carb guru/megatuner...You will more than likely need to upgrade your fuel system to keep it fed at higher RPM...You will realize a GREAT improvement in performance with the blower by installing the largest headers/exhaust you can fit in the chassis with straight thru mufflers...The BTM is nice to have but make SURE you use some form of rev limiter - you WILL need it...You may need to upgrade your tranny for the torque levels you will be putting out and if an automatic will need a converter with a balloon plate...
Thanks alot, thats a nice s10, how much does that truck weigh?
Are blower carbs that much more expensive?
Upgrade my fuel system, like a pump upgrade and stuff?
As for exaust I was going with headers right into glasspacks for now, wont be driving the car everyday.

BTM? Dont want to sound ignorant, but huh?
Like what kind of rev limiter?

Also, was your cam a off the shelf supercharger cam, or a custom grind?
And are those the stock pulleys that come with the 142 you are using with 8.5:1 cr?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks.
Steve