Gosh, This was dug out of the 7th circle of hell wasn't it? At the time I didn't have the room for the turbocharger. And I'm not a huge fan of nitrus. My thinking was more towards the parasitic loss. I was thinking that the loss could be greatly diminished by only operating the supercharger when it was required. Were a few people went off the beaten path a little was that was not to be a roots blower, but a powerdyne blower as said in the first post. Being it already runs off a standard serp belt, I thought it would be a no brainer to remachine the blower to accept the AC clutch. Then i could control when the blower ran and didn't run. Unfortunatly, I never finnished the project due to home and work...aka LIFE. The project was sold off and i'm not sure if it was ever finnished. But I did end up using the ac clutch and the supercharger together. I was able to get some time on a flow bench and saw that 250cfm was the max I could really get out of the non running supercharger without loosing airflow. So I built a 3way piston valve with a 3in ID. Then ran that off an electric solinoid. So Iunder normal driving, the engine was running off of normal air through a 30 degree bend. Then under WOT, or passing, The valve switched over to the supercharger and activated the ac clutch. Both the clutch worked fine as did the valve. But never got everything assembled. Even got the ecu reprogrammed so at 75% throttle the supercharger started up and at 80% the valve switched over to the supercharger.
Like said above, Just making an overly complicated turbo!