Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supercharging and fuel injecting a 383 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

All I`ll say is, your friend must have a lot of cash. You`ll have to run a compression check to see what it is, that or find which pistons are in the engine and what chamber size in cc`s the heads are, if you plan to go with a blower, the compression will have to be lowered to around the 8:1 area, you`ll need forged blower pistons, and you`ll need a good set of rods, stockers won`t cut it, if it`s a 2 bolt block I would move to a 4 bolt, if the crank is a stock chevy 400 unit, I would go to a eagle or scat aftermarket crank, I would also order a internally balanced unit and I would have the whole rotating assembly balanced afterwards. if the car doesn`t have subframe connectors it will be very much in need of them or body flex will occur along with possible windshield breakage. If the car is a 82 - 93 model, the stock rear won`t cut it either, the stocker rear of these years isn`t even strong enough for a 383 yet alone a 383 that`s blown.