Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supply and spares recommendation
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Order some of the small parts that will stop you from using your machine. Things like a new spring steel tension for your bobbin case and the two screws that hold it. The two screws that hold the curved plate that hold the bobbin case in place, a couple of the felt pads that the thread goes through just above the needle. The screw that holds the rear part of the walking foot on. (in case you have a tendency to drop things like I do)

Your machine has an oiling system, so make sure you have sewing machine oil.

BTW, there are two kinds of 1/4" welt feet. The kind that is in my picture, and another kind that has part of the back left corner removed to be able to turn 90 degree corners better.

To determine what size welt foot to use, take the diameter of the welt cord and add 3/32 to it. In other words, 5/32 welt cord plus 3/32 equals 8/32, or 1/4". Use the closest foot in size. I use the 1/4" welt foot for 5/32, 4/32, and 3/32" welt cord. You need to be careful with the 3/32" welt cord so you don't sew over it.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 08-01-2010 at 05:09 AM.