Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Supreme Stupidity
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Thats politics for you. Something like that happened around here not to long ago. I used to live in a town called Holliday, TX about 10 miles from Wichita. My family built a house out there in a quiet little town with a good school, the same place that my grandparents, and my mom went to school. Well a few years ago, they decided that a freeway would be nice to go from Wichita Falls all the way through Holliday. My dad found this out and the plans for it were to force some people out of their homes for the construction and the freeway was supposed to go right through our backyard!! My dad went through holliday trying to petition against it, but most people didn't even know about it and there was nothing that we could do to stop it. So we bilt another house just outside Wichita Falls on Lake wichita and moved there.
Since then we had to sell that house and buy a cheaper house which is where we live now on the same lake because of the bills and all that stuff. Just goes to show you, The more money you have, the more people you can screw over.

Brad