Supreme Stupidity - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Supreme Stupidity

The Supreme Court has once again proved exactly how damn stupid they all are....
Can anyone here make an argument for them in their defense( Do not defend them if you are not a homeowner) Supreme Idiots

Nothing is safe now,if your city wants to tear down your house for a new mall,Quick E Mart,gas station,as long as they believe they can make more off of the taxes the store or buisness will generate you are screwed. What a crock of **** !!!! **** the Supreme Court!!!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 05:14 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

They don't give a damn about us!!!

In a move of supreme ignorance they decided any city could buy out the homeowner...one of the chief justice is going to be the first victim...seems his is the property under scrutiny of his home town...they city wants HIS property and plans to take it from him!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Well, just let them try to take my place. We'll find out what happens to who if that happens.

From my cold dead fingers!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:23 AM

Last photo:

Five years ago when we built this house, wife and I built and set it up as our own little Paradise. It was not built for any resale consideration but only the way we wanted it.

We will be setting on the deck and wife will say you could not pay me enough to sell this place and i want to die here.

Well, she best hope some frickin politician does not decide he wants this place more than she does because he just won!

That had to be the stupidest ruling ever.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Time for a revolt...
Old 06-29-2005, 08:50 AM
my alter ego

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK

That had to be the stupidest ruling ever.
Now you almost know how the NDNs felt, eh?
Old 06-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

That's beside the point now.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
my alter ego

Last photo:

Well it's happened once to my family already ....I can see it coming again for many people with little or no care of them or their families.

bad judges>> < <us
Old 06-29-2005, 09:19 AM

Last photo:

I certainly wish that they'd offer to buy mine at a fair market price. It's worth more now than it was 6 years ago. I could cut my monthly expenses in half.

I do understand that's not the case with most folks and it doesn't take sentimental value into account, which is exprtemely important to us.

They've given big business an upper hand yet again, Nafta first, Cafta second and now eminent domain benefitting private business. Why not declare a state of martial law, re-institute slavery for all residents (aliens included) and get the revolt over with?

Larry
Old 06-29-2005, 09:23 AM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

Its frightening, especially since I am only a few blocks away from retail shops... the weirdest thing is that it was Rehquist, that I agreed with... I had to wash my brain out when I realized that...
Old 06-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm454
In a move of supreme ignorance they decided any city could buy out the homeowner...one of the chief justice is going to be the first victim...seems his is the property under scrutiny of his home town...they city wants HIS property and plans to take it from him!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
Let the judges be the first to have to move to make way for Walmart or the new mall.

Looks like they are only following the golden rule - He who has the gold, makes the rules.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Thats politics for you. Something like that happened around here not to long ago. I used to live in a town called Holliday, TX about 10 miles from Wichita. My family built a house out there in a quiet little town with a good school, the same place that my grandparents, and my mom went to school. Well a few years ago, they decided that a freeway would be nice to go from Wichita Falls all the way through Holliday. My dad found this out and the plans for it were to force some people out of their homes for the construction and the freeway was supposed to go right through our backyard!! My dad went through holliday trying to petition against it, but most people didn't even know about it and there was nothing that we could do to stop it. So we bilt another house just outside Wichita Falls on Lake wichita and moved there.
Since then we had to sell that house and buy a cheaper house which is where we live now on the same lake because of the bills and all that stuff. Just goes to show you, The more money you have, the more people you can screw over.

Brad
Old 06-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

emminent domain is nothing new. This happens all the time, look at San Jose, Hundreds of homes were removed to finish 87 and build guadalupe park. WHen it comes to the goverment seizing land for "public use" like freeways and parks etc, you are powerless, cause its legal. What has happened here is that the Supreme Morons decided it was okay to take land FOR COMMERCIAL use such as corporations, housing development and malls, using the "tactic" that the "added jobs" and "improved" neighborhood, would indeed help the public... heh they strecthed that a bit thin if you asked me... This clears the way for corporations such as Walmart, Target, Mcdonalds etc, to claim "good spots" and use that impending jobs as "good for the public"... basically if a corporation wants your land, they can have it. time to start cleaning house in washington dc...
Old 06-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Wakborader that does suck,I lost my first home to eminent domain laws a few years ago.However I am in a much better situation,and the Airport noise where I lived at was already overbearing,especially with UPS jets taking off and landing continuously.
Eminent Domain laws like what you and I were affetcted by have been around forever.They have always been used to build roadways,schools or other "Public Use" areas such as firehouses,Police Stations,etc.
What the new law does is allow the Government to take YOUR property,and turn it over to PRIVATE INDUSTRY,to generate MORE TAX DOLLARS,for the government in your area.The battle happened in Conneticut,where owners of homes on a beachfront lost their homes to the city,so private orginizations can build resorts.Now we all know the elected officials are getting their pockets padded by the resort company,and stores which will be built there.One homeowner has lived in her home ALL her life,it was her parents home,where she was born,and now the Gov.,takes it from her.
Here is another kick in the ****,if your property appraises for $200,00,but the gov.determines it is a "blighteted" area.They can offer you as little as they want to and acquire it for next to nothing.Watch out,the corruption is soon to start all over America with this Head Up The **** ruling by the Supreme Court.

And if any of the Justices were to lose their property to Emminent Domain laws (Yeah,right!!) They would definently be coming out on the good end of the stick at taxpayers expense.Chances are they would have a stake in the corporation,or buisness going up.You can sure bet that no strip mall or gas station will get property owned by Stevens,Kennedy,Souter,Ginnsberg,and Breyer.Isn't it great that there are no term limits for these idiots who are appointed rather than elected into their politically charged cozzy world.Once again,a big **** the Supreme Court!!!

We want to put a parking garage on your property,here is $20.00,GET LOST!!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaway2long
Time for a revolt...

I'm down for some revolting.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.