Hot Rod Forum banner

suspension parts identification

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tomslik 
#1 ·
I was told these are mustang II upper and lower control arms..can anyone verify this? Also I was thinking of replacing the lowers (and if they are mustang II) I can not find any replacements that look similar(stock). Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
more updates

After more investigating it appears the previous owner marked the inside of the rotors with 84 GP I assume that means grand prix. I looked up those rotors which measure 10 1/2 inches. Then measured mine and they are 10 1/2 inches. The calipers were also marked with 93 g/p. But a picture from auto parts vendors do not match that year, but they do for early 80ish. I was told the spindles are from late 70's GM. I have the casting number off the rack and pinion but cannot locate a website to give me the info needed if anyone knows of one. So at this point it appears I have a bunch of different thrown together pontiac parts, but I still need to know what year so I can buy the appropriate bushings. Can you see the steam coming from my ears knowing I have an odd ball front suspension on my car!!!!!! (the upgrade to bolt on Mustang II cannot happen due to $$) I guess this is what you get when you are restoring your first car with little knowledge. Note: I even had a classic car restorer tell me this was a mustang II front suspension when he media blasted it for me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.