Hot Rod Forum banner

SW speedo question

867 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  37fordpickup 
#1 ·
I had a SW speedo on my PU that I ended up exchanging for another as the odometer didnt work. My new speedo is different in that this one is electric with the push button calibrator that you plug into the back. The original is calibrated with 10? small switches in the back. It originally came with a 3 wire sender, and they sent the speedo, without a sender with the replacement one. My new speedo, after calibration, is extremely erratic and innaccurate, although the odometer is fairly close. Do I need a new sender that matches up with my new speedo?
Im running a 700 r4.
the people at sw said that it sounded like wire noise, but my wires are shielded very well, and that doesnt make sense beings my first speedo was accurate once calibrated. I would ask SW about my new thought, as maybe they assumed I had a new sender, but they are now closed for the weekend on the other side of the U.S. :spank:

#2 ·
That is one for the SW guys. Sounds like a defective speedo head if everything else in the old system ran OK before. Check your phone book for a speedo repair shop in your town. Most medium sized towns have them. Great source for custom speedo cables and speedo calibration that hot rodders always need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.