swap 37 chevy sedan with 37 pontiac sedan - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

swap 37 chevy sedan with 37 pontiac sedan

I am building a 37 chevy master sedan 2 door, lingenfelter small block, 6 rame and chassis all almost done. the body is fair...painted in the 80's and solid but a little rough. The roof is pushed in from a tree limb that fell on itand the panels are splitting apart. I found a 37 project car, pretty cheap. It's a pontiac 2 door and the body is supposed to be done. It looks about 100% better than what I have. Anyone know if the body is the same as the chevy ? My interior isn't done yet so that wouldn't be an issue. I was hoping to use his body on my chassis as I can buy it a lot cheaper than fixing mine . Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

You might be able to make it fit..I don't really know. Back in those days Chevy did not share anything with the other GM lines like they do now.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Will I ever get it done?

Last journal entry: Left Front Fender
Last photo:

Not sure about the 37's, but the 40's Chevies shared a lot of common or similar parts to the other GM cars. The key is that the some of the GM's had "large" and "small" cars while the Chevies had one basic body size. I think it was tied to whether the GM car in question had a straight 6 or a straight 8. It always seems to me the "large" cars have really long noses.

I know my 41 Chevy has a 41-48 Buick trunk lid on it.

Get a notebook. Measure as many points as you can. Frame mount to frame mount fore and aft, left to right, and diagonal. Wheelbase, track width, and so on. Then, you have to decide what you can modify if you need to.

Post some photos.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM

Last photo:

I can't speak about the 37's, but my 39 Chevy is 4" narrower than a 39 Pontiac. When I was building my Pontiac I narrowed a 59 Chevy dash to fit. When I sold the Pontiac I kept the dash to put into the Chevy. That's how I found out about the width difference.
mike

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.