Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - swap from split rims to solid rims
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 01:38 PM
aka Duke of URL

Last wiki edit: Finding vacuum leaks Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime

One does not have to change the hubs...one can get the upgrade rims to fit those hubs..and then the split rims are now replaced..also will need new tires on the new rims..the old split rim style tires will not work..

OMT
Quote:
I have a 1965 ford School bus (f700) with split rims on it. I want to switch to solid modern rims, maybe 8 lug pattern instead of five. Can I swap spindles with a more modern solid axle front end and will more modern hubs go on my rear axle....and which years should I look for ?

OK...I am totally confused now. I am reading the poster has a heavy truck with spoke five lug (outer lugs with wedges) retaining split rims. He wants to go to eight center lug disc.

Now please give me the name of a manufacturer that produces adapters to accomplish this without changing the hub style. Even if he now has five lug disc (not very likely), he would still have to go to an eight lug hub.

And of course if he is going to a disc wheel, he will want to go tubeless (He's going to have to change the wheels regardless).

Please explain to me what it is you are saying.