Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Swaping TBI for Carb - Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetbuilder
Replacing the factory 4cyl TBI engine in my '82 Camaro with a 350 carbureated. I know I cant just pull the TBI & drop in a carb engine, but I'm sure there's gotta be somethings I'm not thinking of.

Are there any sensors that TBI uses that a carb engine wouldn't? Can I just unhook them or is there more to it?

Fuel Pump: Has an in-tank pump/sending unit, planning to replace the pump portion with a piece of hose & put a mechanical pump on the block. What if I go with an electric pump, any difference?

What else is there that I'm not thinking of?

Building the engine is the easy part, but I'm still a novice when it comes to the details. You guys have always given me great advice in the past and I appreciate all the help! Thanks!
Go here and order this manual. It will come very close to explaining in detail what you need to do. Getting the engine and tranny in is just the start of what you will have to accomplish. The technology conversion from an 82 model to a TBI can be a pretty large leap involving a lot of stuff not necessarily associated with the engine and transmission. you need to appricate this going in.

Chevrolet TPI & TBI
V8 Engine Swapping
http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Che...I_TBI_V-8.html

Bogie