Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Swapping to 700r4 worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Bar under the dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmark
Thanks Tony. Guess I'll make some calls on a core 700. Any suggestions on a fair price for one?
Any thoughts on the parts cost to do a good rebuild? I bought all my 350 parts from Transtar last time. I really liked the guys there, super helpful and I felt the parts kit was excellent. I bought a master kit and converter and shift improver kit and don't think I had over $180 total.

I"ve read lots of the articles here on the 700 and the upgrades. Do I need to really do ALL the suggested upgrades? I"m not going to be shoving 500 horse through it, but I just need it to last.

Thought just came to mind. My wifes '86 Caprice has a 700 in it! LOL Wonder if she'd mind?

Transtar near McDowell road?

cores are running 100.00 - 125.00 for 1988 -up tranny core.

Common sense rebuild is needed.

Bushings, check drive shell, Raybestos Z Pak 3-4 kit, TransGo JR 700 kit.

The 3-4 clutch pack in the 700 has been a problem since the trans was introduced. I would use the Z-Pak from Raybestos... IMHO

IF the 700 tranny has a .422 main boost valve , block the line bias valve in the v-body. Main press will be 210 psi max. A nice setup for the street.

I like the Sonnax billet OD servo. I put one in my 2006 Silverado with 380 miles on the truck