Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - swim goggles rock!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Now you got me thinking,shame on you.....Many moons ago I loved to ski (lol ,the skis were made of wood) and the goggles had the vents but the goggles were a tad big ,I wonder if they are smaller now....One nice thing was you could snap in different lenses..Why cant someone make a real nice fitting set of safety glasses with cheap,ez to replace lenses???? I was watching CSI on tv the other dat and the guy had glasses that connected in the front with a magnet or something,I was thinking WOW something like that would be perfect ,they would never fall off even if you were upside down......
They do need to work on "cool factor" though..
My philosophy when it comes to safety glasses ,pencils ,masking tape.tape measures,etc is to have so many around the shop that you never have to look for them.Only problem with the glasses is it sometimes takes forever to find a set of glasses that you can see out of,they get all scratched up or get oversprayed, when I finally get fed up I'll gather up all those glasses put them in a box and walk them over to the bench buffer and polish them up with headlight lens repair compound it only takes a minute and I'm good to go for a couple more months..
Someone could get rich if they came up with the perfect set of safety glasses that fit so well you wouldn't even know you had them on ,Crystal clear and looked cool.maybe even auto darkening...I know I'd pay good money for the ultimate pair of safety glasses.