Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Switching 63 Impala to 64 Impala heat control
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
DaveNTN

Last journal entry: The Dash is ready!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Switching 63 Impala to 64 Impala heat control

I'm having a heck of a time with my heater control. I have a 3 slider control face for my Impala. No airconditioning. The air slider is connected to the fan control switch. This slider is broke. I got on eBay and bought the wrong control, one for a car with air. 49.00 ca-ching.... learned my lesson. Bought the right one, had to get the entire heater core, cables etc. and when I went to switch out the slider, it was the only piece on the unit that was broke. Ca-ching.... another 50.00. I have found another one, it is for a 63 and the fan switch is on a seperate slider. I also found a new old control unit that came out of a 64. It has the three sliders on it with the fan switch working off of the air control slider. Does anyone know what the point of having the fan switch working off of the air slider is. Seems to weeken the slider and thus so many broken sliders. Any insight in this would help before I ca-ching again. Getting to be an expensive slider. ( don't confuse the air slider for an air conditioning control. It's not, just opens the vents to air.)
Thanks ahead of time.
Dave