Hot Rod Forum banner

swrnc suspended for 2 weeks

19K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  powerrodsmike 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I just did a quick Google to find his shop, looks like a pretty legit place. The one thing that I found kinda funny though, this "Testimonials". They look strangely like they were all written by the same person. :D If he really has done as many cars as he says, it is possible to have all those testimonials and pick out the best of them. I have gotten many over my years and they all don't sound like those, they would make you blush. If they are true, that guy is the best rod builder who every walked the face of the earth. And something tells me, if you asked HIM, he is! :welcome:

Brianh

#5 ·
#6 ·
food for thought:

these specific named person punishment's notices are accessible from anywhere on the net...
(I did just a bit of testing)
they are not restricted to members only reading....

I can not find anywhere in the guidelines that even remotely warns that a specific member "public" announcement might be made for misconduct.....

my $.02:
you are and have been exposing Jon and yourselves to one hell of a class action lawsuit by posting these threads acting on behalf of Jon....
(especially those who have clearly stated they are a business)

please show me on this site where it does say in writing this site has and reserves a right to publicly impugn a business owner or just a hobbyist or anyone by name in front of the whole world....

I do hope it does exist....

#8 ·
I think owning the site gives him(and us mods) the right to remove, ban or boot off anyone using inapropriate language, namecalling, ect.... HG

red65mustang said:
food for thought:

these specific named person punishment's notices are accessible from anywhere on the net...

I can not find anywhere in the guidelines that even remotely warns that a specific member "public" announcement might be made for misconduct.....

my $.02:
you are and have been exposing Jon and yourselves to one hell of a class action lawsuit by posting these threads acting on behalf of Jon....

please show me on this site where it does say in writing this site has and reserves a right to publicly impugn a business owner or just a hobbyist or anyone by name in front of the whole world....

#10 ·
red65mustang said:
food for thought:

my $.02:

He impugned himself. The HR.com administration facilitated his exit, and had the courtesy to let the membership know about it.

All you need to do is watch the news and see that when someone messes up, their actions are put up there for anyone with a television to see..

He came here, registered 2 usernames, ( Ya'll didn't know about that part, because there was enough evidence to suspend him with just the stuff the general membership can see..), talked trash about the general membership in a profane and derogatory manner, was suspended because of his violations of numerous visible guidelines including advertising, which he had been warned about, and nothing in this thread was a fabrication. Where does it say that business owners get preferential treatment? Where is the slander that would lead to a lawsuit?

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Check the terms of service. All of the suspendable violations are there too.
http://www.hotrodders.com/terms.html

You asked me in a similar thread to stop posting in these threads, so that they would not go on. :rolleyes:

I learn by example.

Later, mikey

#11 ·
this thread information was not broadcast to "members only"....
it was broadcast to the entire world:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=swrnc+suspended+for+2+weeks

you DO have the reserved written agreed to right to punish and refuse service to anybody clearly stated....

show me where you DO have a agreed to reserved written right to make that action public?????

the LAST thing you want to happen is some "contigency" attorney finding these suspension public notices on the web and contact the named parties and form a class action suite....

send this thread to the dump
send the Barry thread to the dump
send the rust thread to the dump....

if you think informing the members of the administration action taken is worth the exposure RISK go for it.....

I am exhausted on this subject and won't answer further

#15 ·
Henry,
I did not PM and ask Jon to read this thread until your post...

I was expecting a better reply from a moderator than just a line of sarcasm....

so I will go on....

fact:
3/12/09 post #26, swrnc clearly stated he would not be posting anymore....

because this "suspension" thread is dated 3/13/09 and broadcasted to the entire web,,,this thread is by the publish date alone grounds for a defamation suit...

to be handled by folks like this random pick friendly looking group example (out of 200 firm choices):

http://www.netsmartz.net/e-marketin...rcasm by moderators in that thread as well...

#16 ·
Actually this would be a libel lawsuit since it is in written form.

The problem is he wrote it, we suspended him for it.

There would actually be a better case for defamation of character for Hotrodders.com since it is here where the written word was posted, the damages to this website could run into the millions considering the amount of advertising dollars we have lost due to this posting. :rolleyes:

In case you are not getting the sarcasm here...WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVERTISING!

Ok back to reality, what exactly would the damages be for temporary suspension from an internet forum.

A free donut? A special tinfoil hat? Free Streetbeast brochure and addition to their calling list?

Wait I know...free muffler bearing wrench! :thumbup:

#17 · (Edited)
red65mustang said:
Henry,
I did not PM and ask Jon to read this thread until your post...

I was expecting a better reply from a moderator than just a line of sarcasm....

so I will go on....
red65mustang said:
almost forgot,
Henry, I did PM Jon and ask him to read and follow that Barry suspension thread after my first post....
your not alone,,,there is un-called for sarcasm by moderators in that thread as well...
Almost forgot?

red65mustang said:
fact:
3/12/09 post #26, swrnc clearly stated he would not be posting anymore....

because this "suspension" thread is dated 3/13/09 and broadcasted to the entire web,,,this thread is by the publish date alone grounds for a defamation suit...

I have to ask, What is that comment supposed to mean?
He said he won't be back, so no action by the board is necessary?
How many people on here say "I am gone" but after a short while, or they never leave and are back at it posting again?
He was not singled out, he was handled in the same way others are.

#18 ·
1ownerT said:
How many people on here say "I am gone" but after a short while, or they never leave and are back at it posting again?
You mean like this

red65mustang said:
I am exhausted on this subject and won't answer further
Vince

#19 · (Edited)
Jon is in court because the written negative Street Beast info was broadcast on the entire net...

SWRNC now has the same right to sue HR.com because this "suspension" thread info was broadcast over the entire net and will do harm to his business reputation and he will incur costs to correct his business reputation...

Did you ever stop and think that "maybe" it was his motive for posting from the beginning....
He did give credentials to prove his business reputation on the thread in question and carefully worded his posts to read that he was here only to offer help on Street Beasts cars problems "at no charge"....
When asked to behave within the rules he did!!!!
he may have carefully worded his rant against woodz' to get a "broadcast" reaction response from the administration....
(I do hope I am wrong!!!)

I know for a fact that Barry was consulting his attorneys starting about a year ago about this board for what he could say...
Barry does have a earlier dated moderators complaint thread to show "just cause" against dingers thread and 4jaw...
that is why I asked for apologies and for the dump!!!

my $.02 bottem line:
you are further irritating already angry frustrated people with these "public hanging" threads...
it is going to bite you in the arse one of these days!!!
I read these public "suspension" threads notices as you are walking on very thin legal ice!!!!
(you are not "re-stating" public knowledge in this thread)
YES the moderator's should take action against mis-conduct (privately)

it's clear to me based on the moderator responses that I have wasted my time on this thread and the Barry suspension thread so I will shut up....

#20 ·
red65mustang said:
Jon is in court because the written negative Street Beast info was broadcast on the entire net...

SWRNC now has the same right to sue HR.com because this "suspension" thread info was broadcast over the entire net and will do harm to his business reputation and he will incur costs to correct his business reputation...

Did you ever stop and think that "maybe" it was his motive for posting from the beginning....
He did give credentials to prove his business reputation on the thread in question and carefully worded his posts to read that he was here only to offer help on Street Beasts cars problems "at no charge"....
When asked to behave within the rules he did!!!!
he may have carefully worded his rant against woodz' to get a "broadcast" reaction response from the administration....
(I do hope I am wrong!!!)

I know for a fact that Barry was consulting his attorneys starting about a year ago about this board for what he could say...
Barry does have a earlier dated moderators complaint thread to show "just cause" against dingers thread and 4jaw...
that is why I asked for apologies and for the dump!!!

my $.02 bottem line:
you are further irritating already angry frustrated people with these "public hanging" threads...
it is going to bite you in the arse one of these days!!!
I read these public "suspension" threads notices as you are walking on very thin legal ice!!!!
YES the moderator's should take action against mis-conduct (privately)

it's clear to me based on the moderator responses that I have wasted my time on this thread and the Barry suspension thread so I will shut up....

Jon is in court because of alleged libel , once it it shown in that the alleged libelous statements were in fact previously known truthful statements, brought in from other sources, including court documents, available to the public, it will probably be found that there is no basis for a lawsuit.

swrnc came here, violated rules, and was suspended per our posted guidelines. This is just news, nothing more. The people have a right to know. Those who wish to remain ignorant of what is going on in the media in which they choose to participate are free to not look. This is not a public club, we can and will refuse service to anyone who willfully disregards the rules.

Should someone in the general public see how a busnessman behaves while representing his own company? I think so.

All of that which was done on our part is truthful and has nothing to do with his business. His own statements display the type of businessman he is...

He joined and then willfully disregarded our guidelines,(which he had to agree to before he joined), and was given the appropriate disiplinary action..

You are not a lawyer, yet you "see" libel, slander, and or defamation of character.

I therefore assume, suppose and opine that because I percieve you to continually assume, then write things that can be proven to be merely a matter of perception, and keep on repeating them, that hotrodders.com could sue you as well.

The fact that this type of thread has been posted before should be enough to demonstrate that it is within the adminstration's rights to do so.. You do not want to accept what you have been shown, and it is of my opinion that at this point, nothing will get you to change your opinion.

Your posted a link to a company that specializes in spinning online appearances. In my honest opinion, they appear to use methods that are less than honorable, and I could also conclude that they are very competent when it comes to filing SLAPP lawsuits, which are filed to induce a chilling effect on the free speech of those not web savvy enough to know that there is no legal merit to many of those type of lawsuits.

You sought out and posted a link that company....That action on your part, while not against any guidelines, could cause me to assume and be of the opinion that you approve of the action that Streetbeasts is taking against Jon and Hotrodders.com.

Now, is what I just wrote libelous? Slanderous? Intent to defame your character?

Later, mikey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.