Synthetic Marijuana - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

Synthetic Marijuana

I see on the news a couple more kids got sick from smoking synthetic marijuana. The powers that be ban the stuff and the makers just alter the chemical composition of it just a little bit and it's right back on sale. When are the politicians that run things going to wise up and realize that the best way to get rid of harmful synthetic marijuana is to legalize the real thing? That would end the problem but it's just too easy and makes too much sense.

Synthetic marijuana sent more than 11,400 people to ER in 2010

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

to legalize weed, would be costly as they'd be sued by everyone locked up for weed..
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
to legalize weed, would be costly as they'd be sued by everyone locked up for weed..
They should be.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

The power people that you would least suspect are the ones getting mega-rich from "ILLEGAL" Pot and there's no way they will allow it to become legalized. The Wiffy has some in prescription form but it is very expensive and, no matter how you slice it, not natural but chemical giving it so many side effect it will scare you. Cannibis is overrated anyhow
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFarmer2 View Post
They should be.
and as long as that threat is there, it'll never be legal..
and after working with a few pot heads I can see why it won't be..
I don't smoke..
but I can see how a few are killing the many on their quest..
I can't get a buzz and work/drive I sure as hell don't want a pot smoker on the job either.. just because you can stay in control doesn't mean joe pothead can
Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM

Last photo:

ghl they can not be sued because it was illegal when they were caught! But i am all for it to be legalized. Wrote my congress man and signed many petitons & donated for the cause!!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
ghl they can not be sued because it was illegal when they were caught! But i am all for it to be legalized. Wrote my congress man and signed many petitons & donated for the cause!!
I'd not want to bet the house on that, not with our court system were a person thats not new to coffee can sue because the coffee was hot..
Old 05-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

Did anyone sue that was jailed for illegal alcohol when Prohibition was repealed? I believe since it was illegal at the time of arrest there would be no basis for a lawsuit anyway. Besides, if it is legalized the pot heads will be all happy anyway. How many angry potheads have you seen? But guard your pizza and cup cakes!

The guys that are going to do it at work are already doing it. I worked with a guy that smoked pot all day. I'd meet him and there he was behind the wheel of his dump truck puffing away at his pipe and that was an all day every day thing. We were driving for a small outfit, 4 trucks, he couldn't work for a big outfit since the bigger ones had to have drug testing. I didn't want to ride with him but he seemed to function alright. He never came close to hitting my dump truck.

At a bigger outfit I worked for I knew a couple of guys that got caught by the drug testing. They had to go spend a short stint at a drug education class but as soon as they completed that they were right back at the wheel of their trucks. I did see another guy get fired for drinking on the job though.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I seen more people hurt by drunk drivers then people smoking a little pot.... I'll take a smoker over a drinker ANYDAY...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
dinger (05-08-2013), Job~Rated (05-09-2013), Joe G (05-07-2013), meschnebly (05-11-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

I have smoked it, I do smoke it & I will continue smoking it.
I hope none of you find yourselves re-evaluating what you think of me now that you know this.

Playing the guitar or listening to good music is where I find the effects so positive that it's hard for me not to roll another one. I've smoked on & off for about 30 years & I think I turned out okay, none the worse for having got repeatedly stoned. A guy I know drank for 30 years & lost everything, including his life.

Whether you agree or not with its use, the fact is that it's there & cannot be ignored. Anybody who believes the authorities' reasons for not legalising (or 'de-criminalising') marijuana to be anything other than financial is a fool. The 'war on drugs' generates a substantial income for those waging it & ending the war would cost too much.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job~Rated View Post
I have smoked it, I do smoke it & I will continue smoking it.
I hope none of you find yourselves re-evaluating what you think of me now that you know this.

Playing the guitar or listening to good music is where I find the effects so positive that it's hard for me not to roll another one. I've smoked on & off for about 30 years & I think I turned out okay, none the worse for having got repeatedly stoned. A guy I know drank for 30 years & lost everything, including his life.

Whether you agree or not with its use, the fact is that it's there & cannot be ignored. Anybody who believes the authorities' reasons for not legalising (or 'de-criminalising') marijuana to be anything other than financial is a fool. The 'war on drugs' generates a substantial income for those waging it & ending the war would cost too much.
agreed, but like I said above, just because you can handle yourselve wisely while stoned, doesn't mean everyone can..
I'd never judge you for smoking, but if I met you and you where a giggle'n fool while stoned, then I might .
yes the war on drugs makes the machine tomuch money to ever stop..
but again after working with stoners that can't keep it together while baked, it's not a good idea..
just because you can function while baked doesn't make me feel safe if the guy in the bucket can't thats holding a pipe above my head.. you can test a guy to see if he has been drinking on the job, but I don't think they can test and tell if the guy got baked 5 minutes ago or hours ago..
and thats a PROBLEM..
what someone does on their own time is their biz..
I play the guitar and keys, and never felt the need to be high or buzzed while playing, but thats me, not you.. so no judgement here
Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 AM
Artful Dodger

Last journal entry: From behind
Last photo:

I think it fair to say that it affects everybody differently. Clint had it nailed when he said 'a man has to know his limitations'.

Staunch smokers will defend their habit to the bitter end, quoting unfounded statistics & spurious health benefits. Me personally, I just like the hit.

A few things I do know are that tobacco, NOT marijuana, is the 'gateway drug' & that the plant can produce every grade of oil from cooking to engine & the equivalent amount of raw material to make paper is far, far less than that required from trees. Not only that, but it only takes 12 to 16 weeks to grow to maturity, not years.

It's all bull really, each to his own, life's too short, etc., etc..
Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

I would have to say this,,, If all we had to worry about in this world is pot smoker's,, We would have it made..

I gave it up a long time ago,,For my job and family,,, But if they make it legal I just may have to start again..

May just help all this depression I have all the time..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.