Hot Rod Forum banner

T-350 Detent Bracket Loose

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  91CamaroDude 
#1 ·
First - I have a piece of angle iron going from my pan bolts up so my shift cable bracket can mount to because the previous owner of the tranny had broke the original bolt holes.

Basically I think my rooster comb is loose - somewhere. When I have the cable and detent bolted together, I can not get it to shift into park (Like my cable is not long enough anymore). So if I unbolt the two, I can move it up into park just fine. Sometimes when Im underneath and I move from Park through the gears, It will feel loose like it has free movement until I get to about where Drive should be, then goes through the gears and back up fine. Other times when I move it, (still unbolted) it shifts like it should.

I havent really got inside of any trannys really other than the filter and pan gasket.. Would this be something that can be fixed without real troubles, and getting things back together in the right place (valve body, and space plate) Iv seen check balls that need to be in the right place, yadda yadda. Any help is much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.